Join the inaugural cohort of K-12 leaders looking to learn from experts in the field of equity, safety, and wellness and build a community of K-12 practitioners. From understanding foundational legal principles, learning how to obtain buy-in for your work, discussing self-care practices, the K-12 Institute will help K-12 leaders understand and implement equity, safety, and wellness programs within K-12 schools and districts. The K-12 Institute runs for nine months and will consist of live monthly discussions of practical topics to enhance the work being done on a daily basis. The K-12 Institute will also provide a forum for participants to have ongoing engagement with, and support from, the experts and other K-12 leaders throughout the country.
- Increase knowledge related to the Title IX Coordinator’s role in promoting equity, safety, and wellness in the school or district
- Increase knowledge related to how behavioral intervention and/or threat assessment teams support equity, safety, and wellness and intersect with existing teams on campus such as the Title IX team, multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) team, individualized educational plan (IEP) team, etc.
- Gain skills to be successful in navigating their roles in promoting equity, safety, and wellness
- Identify the fundamental programs that promote equity, safety, and wellness in the K-12 environment
- Understand the structures and processes related to effective Title IX policy and procedure
- Understand the structures and processes related to effective behavioral intervention and threat assessment policy and procedure
Who should attend the K-12 institute?
The K-12 Institute is for any K-12 professional who plays a role or has an interest in equity, safety, and wellness efforts within K-12 settings. This can include, but is not limited to, anyone within the Title IX, Behavioral Intervention, or Threat Assessment fields.
Do I need to attend every session live?
We encourage participants to attend each session live; however, sessions will be recorded and available for viewing after the live event.
I work in higher education. Does the K-12 Institute apply to me?
The K-12 Institute is designed to address the unique challenges within the K-12 setting and provide a collaborative space for those working in the field. The K-12 Institute content is not tailored to the higher education environment.
Will I receive proof of attendance?
All attendees will receive a K-12 Institute digital badge upon completion of the event. The badges can be shared on social platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, as well as shared organically via inclusion in one’s email signature.
Do I need to be a member of ATIXA and/or NABITA to register and attend?
No, the K-12 Institute is open to the public.
The K-12 Institute is free and open to all K-12 professionals who work within or adjacent to Title IX or Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment. Our management firm TNG, in coordination with the Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA), and the National Association for Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment (NABITA) provides a range of membership, training, resources, and services to help your K-12 school or district. Contact us now to learn more!