Step up your DEI work on campus.
DEI Practitioner is a two-day course focused on developing an awareness of the civil rights laws, regulations, and policies related to diversity, equity, and inclusion in education and employment settings. The course will review the historical context of non-discrimination laws and practices that inform current policies and practices. Participants will examine best practices for applying policy and procedural knowledge in response to incidents of bias and microaggressions, as well as navigating free speech issues. Faculty will lead participants through a variety of individual and group activities designed to emulate scenarios they may encounter in their professional roles.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Identify historical events that have led to current non-discrimination laws and practices
- Distinguish between the individual non-discrimination laws and to whom they apply
- Evaluate current policies and practices for discriminatory impact and/or language
- Understand the tensions presented by free speech and academic freedom in bias mitigation work
- Understand effective response practices to incidents within education and employment contexts
Who Should Attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Informal Resolution Facilitators
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety
- Student Affairs Administrators
- ADA/504 Coordinators
- Disability Services Professionals
- Behavior Intervention and Threat Assessment Team Members
- Academic Administrators & Dans
- LGBTQIA+ Resource Center Professionals
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $1,599 Member
- $1,699 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- April 18 - 19: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.