Take a one-day deep dive into the writing mechanics, format, structure, and best practices for investigation report writing.
In this hands-on session, topics covered will include managing sensitive information, integrating quotations, addressing unavailable information, using footnotes, incorporating feedback from the parties post-report review, writing credibility assessments, and more. Faculty will review the most common errors they see in investigation reports and how to prevent them. Training participants will have the opportunity to critique sample investigation report excerpts with the faculty to evaluate both clarity and content.
Please note, this course is focused on Higher Education and will not include K-12 specific content. To attend ATIXA’s K-12 Investigation Report Writing, click HERE.
How is Investigation Report Writing different from other Investigator Courses?
Rather than focusing on the investigation process, this course is narrowly focused on writing clear, concise investigation reports and compiling the directly related evidence file.
Will my writing be evaluated during this course?
No. The faculty will provide all of the examples and will not ask participants to share their own work.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Determine the information that should be included in each section of an investigation report
- Address the absence of specific evidence in an investigation report
- Identify problematic language in investigation reports and suggest remedies
- Integrate different sources of evidence into an investigation report in a clear manner
- Use best practices for protecting participant privacy through redaction, etc.
Who Should Attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Legal Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $799 Member
- $899 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- February 23: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.