Grasp investigation of sexual misconduct and sexual harassment in education.
Investigator One: Foundations is our most basic training offering for civil rights investigators, deputies, and Title IX Coordinators looking to acquire the fundamental skills necessary to conduct investigations of sexual misconduct in schools and colleges. This training meets the required training mandates of Title IX and VAWA Section 304 for participants, whether you are a full-time investigator or have investigation responsibilities on top of other duties.
Is this course just about investigating Title IX cases?
Yes and no. The course focuses on investigating Title IX cases, but the skills apply to any type of civil rights investigation.
Is this course presented as theory or practice?
ATIXA is known for blending both, so that you come away with practical skills and understand why you use them
In this course, you will learn:
- Legal Basis for Title IX Liability
- Intersection of Title VII and Title IX in Investigations
- Due Process Myopia as a Legacy of Dixon vs. Alabama
- Title IX Era – Equity By and Through the Process
- Overview of The Civil Rights Investigation and Grievance Model – 10 Steps
- Title IX Coordinator Oversight
- Standard of Proof
- The Force, Capacity, Consent Construct
- Basic Interview Skills
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Coordinators
- Training and Prevention personnel
- Human Resources personnel
- Student Conduct personnel
- Student Affairs administrators
- General Counsel and outside attorneys
- Athletics administrators, Senior Women’s Administrators, and compliance administrators
- Campus law enforcement
- AA/EEO/Diversity personnel