Build upon your experience and refine your skillset with more nuanced techniques and strategies.
Civil Rights Investigator Two builds on the foundational investigation concepts from Investigator One and focuses on both refining interviewing techniques as well as post-interview tasks, including an introduction to investigation report composition, assessing credibility, and synthesizing information. Faculty will provide various opportunities to engage in exercises and case studies that allow for high levels of interaction, analysis, and the application of various civil rights investigation techniques. This training meets both the Title IX and VAWA Section 304 training requirements for participants, whether you are a full-time investigator or have investigation responsibilities in addition to other duties.
Please note, this course is focused on Higher Education and will not include K-12 specific content. To attend ATIXA’s K-12 Investigator Two, click HERE.
I haven’t taken ATIXA Investigator One. Can I take Investigator Two?
ATIXA recommends you start with Investigator One prior to Investigator Two because the two courses complement one another. However, if you have prior civil rights investigatory experience, you may choose to skip to Investigator Two.
I took Investigator One; why do I need Investigator Two?
Investigator Two builds upon Investigator One and takes your skills to the next level, exploring nuanced and sophisticated investigatory strategies fit for attendees with previous investigatory experience.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Identify which elements of due process are required in the investigation phase of the formal grievance process
- Formulate questions to gather necessary information regarding whether consent was present during an incident
- Discuss the intersection of Title IX, the Clery Act, and VAWA Section 304 as it relates to investigations
- Develop an investigation strategy for an allegation of retaliation
- Explain how to apply the five factors to consider when assessing credibility
- Describe how trauma may impact the investigation process
- Provide examples of how bias, prejudice, and/or conflicts of interest may impact an investigation
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Human Resources Professionals
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Hearing/Process Advisors
- Attorneys serving as Advisors
- ADA/Section 504 Coordinators
Live, In-Person Training
- $1,599 Member
- $1,699 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- June 15 - 16: 8:30am - 4:30pm PT San Diego Mission Bay Resort Register
Effective July 1st, ATIXA training & event pricing will increase by approximately 5%. Please register early and often and note this will go into effect July 1st.
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact email@example.com for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.