Gain a nuanced understanding of key investigation techniques to confidently approach difficult and unusual investigations.
Civil Rights Investigator Three is a practical training that is clinical in nature, focusing on participants’ ability to deploy advanced civil rights investigation techniques with the comfort and excellence of a skilled professional.
Working in teams and groups, investigators will hone all of the key techniques of investigation by working with difficult witnesses, advisors, and complaints with unexpected twists. This training meets both the Title IX and VAWA Section 304 training requirements for participants, whether you are a full-time investigator or have investigation responsibilities in addition to other duties.
How is this course different from other investigation courses?
This course focuses on experiential and applied learning exercises led by experts to provide you the opportunity to practice advanced skills and receive real-time feedback in an educational environment.
What can I expect from Investigator Three?
Investigator Three is the course that pulls it all together. You will role play through an investigation alongside other seasoned investigators to explore and overcome challenges.
I have not attended Investigator One or Investigator Two, but I have considerable investigation experience. Can I take Investigator Three?
Investigator Three requires a significant level of training and experience for attendees to get the most out of their experience. We recommend you review the agendas for Investigator One and Two to help you decide if you’re ready for Investigator Three.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Explain the Title IX investigation process to parties and witnesses
- Describe how bias can impact an investigation
- Identify information to seek during an investigation
- Develop relevant questions for parties and witnesses
- Determine when it is necessary to re-interview a party or witness
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Human Resources Professionals
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Hearing/Process Advisors
- Attorneys serving as Advisors
- ADA/Section 504 Coordinators
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $1,599 Member
- $1,699 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- March 13 - 14: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.