Gain a profound, detailed understanding of investigation best practice techniques.
Civil Rights Investigator Four is ATIXA’s most advanced investigator training course. It draws on the best available evidence, research, and field-tested practices for effective investigations. Participants will engage the most critical elements of a civil rights investigation, including strategy development, conducting interviews, and developing credibility assessments.
At the center of this course is the cognitive interview, a rapport-based, trauma-infused approach to dialogue with parties and witnesses designed to yield best available evidence.
The course will train participants to plan and conduct cognitive interviews, revealing more accurate and reliable evidence and information. Participants will benefit from direct interaction and observation with the instructors, as well as mock interviews with co-participants and strategic implementation simulations.
Why is there a fourth Investigator course?
Investigator Four offers an opportunity to develop advanced interviewing techniques, building upon the basic interviewing skills taught in Investigator One and Two.
I’m thinking of taking Investigator Four. Do I have to take One, Two, and Three?
The courses are sequential, but not prerequisites. ATIXA recommends you begin with Investigator One and Two unless you already have significant experience with investigations.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Develop an investigation strategy and investigation plan including identifying potential witnesses and determining the order and timing of interviews
- Identify and accumulate critical relevant evidence
- Plan and conduct a rapport-based, trauma-infused cognitive interview
- Recognize and overcome obstacles to complete, accurate memory recall
- Identify necessary credibility evidence and design interview questions to probe and assess credibility
- Modify investigation approaches for investigations involving individuals of various ages
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Human Resources Professionals
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Hearing/Process Advisors
- Attorneys serving as Advisors
- ADA/Section 504 Coordinators
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $1,599 Member
- $1,699 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- July 20 - 21: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
Effective July 1st, ATIXA training & event pricing will increase by approximately 5%. Please register early and often and note this will go into effect July 1st.
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact email@example.com for personalized assistance.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.