This course will touch on issues of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and culture in athletics, and will also do a deeper dive into Program Equity compliance.
Attendees will leave with a better understanding of not only why the issues exist, but how to spot red flags and address them. The presenters will draw from the courts, the news, and from their experiences working with athletics departments of all types across the country, as well as the Olympic movement. This course will apply for Title IX Coordinators with little or no athletics experience, but is also intended for Athletics compliance staff.
I have not taken other ATIXA certifications. Will this course go over my head?
No, this course is designed to stand-alone. Whether you are a coordinator who wants to know more, or a Senior Woman Administrator who works with compliance.
Is this course presented as theory or practice?
ATIXA is known for blending both, so that you come away with practical skills and understand why you use them.
In this course, you will learn:
- Title IX Equity Compliance Requirements
- The Prongs
- The Laundry List
- Red Flags
- Sexual Misconduct & Hostile Environments
- Understanding when we “know” about harassment in Athletics with examples
- Responsibilities and reporting requirements for coaches and staff
- Coaches, Trainers, Staff, Medical Staff
- The Risks of Social Media and the Changing Law in This Area
- Understanding Title IX Retaliation in Athletics
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Deputy Coordinators in Athletics
- Faculty Athletics Liaisons
- Student Affairs administrators/Athletics liaisons
- Equity & Compliance Directors
- Athletics Staff – K-12 or College
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $299 Member
- $349 Non-Member
View Details & Schedule
Registration Fee includes the Training & Certification Course, course slides, supplemental materials, ATIXA/TNG whitepapers, flowcharts, Regulations Rapid Response (R3) publications and webinars, HRCI pre-approved credit, SHRM pre-approved credit, and a 2-year Certification from ATIXA.
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
- April 13
11:00am - 6:00pm ET
To obtain Certification from ATIXA, you will need to attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course.
Please allow 14 business days following the completion of the course and then log-into or create an account with our Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs. Learn more about our program here.