Explore issues of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and culture in athletics, and take a deeper dive into Program Equity compliance.
This one-day course will touch on issues of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, and culture in athletics, and will also do a deeper dive into Program Equity compliance. Attendees will leave with a better understanding of not only why the issues exist, but how to spot red flags and address them. The presenters will draw from the courts, the news, and from their experiences working with athletic departments of all types across the country, as well as the Olympic movement. This course will apply for Title IX Coordinators with little or no athletic administration experience but is also intended for seasoned athletic compliance staff.
Should I attend other ATIXA trainings prior to this one?
No, this course is designed to stand alone. You do not need to complete other training prior to enrolling in this course.
What makes this course valuable?
Athletics present unique challenges for Title IX compliance and this training seeks to provide comprehensive training to identify and resolve those challenges.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Describe common red flags related to athletic equity in the K-12 educational environment
- Identify and adhere to compliance requirements and best practices from foundational case law and Office for Civil Rights guidance
- Explain the Three-Part Test for Effective Accommodation of Interests and Abilities
- Articulate key factors for in examining the equivalence for boys and girls in each category of athletic benefits and opportunities
- Define the three forms of sexual harassment
- Provide specific examples of challenges associated with Title IX and student athletics in the K-12 educational environment
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Deputy Coordinators
- Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Athletics Liaison
- Athletic Directors & Administrators
- Athletic Coaches
- Superintendents, Principals & Assistant Principals
- School Board Members
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- February 1: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.