Explore the Decision-maker role and learn effective practices in K-12 environments.
K-12 Title IX Decision-Maker is a one-day course focused on helping K-12 Decision-makers understand the scope of their expanded role, apply policy with analytical precision, recognize and overcome bias that may impact their decision-making, and to be sure that their determination is reliably based on the evidence. This training is designed to shore up decision-making skills so that decisions are sound, supportable, and more difficult to challenge in court. Plus, participants will explore many of the new regulatory requirements to ensure their formal resolution process is compliant. This course is appropriate for single or panel Decision-makers, appeal Decision-makers, as well as administrators who oversee Decision-makers and is designed to meet the needs of the various decision-making structures operating within schools and districts.
Training is required by the 2020 Title IX regulations and this one-day ATIXA course satisfies the training requirement under the regulations. The training allows participants to substantively explore application of policies on sexual harassment, sexual assault, domestic/dating violence, and/or stalking using a case study not offered in any other ATIXA training.
What makes this course valuable?
Under the 2020 regulations, being a Decision-maker is complex. This training prepares you to successfully balance and manage all elements of the Decision-maker role.
Will our Decision-makers be fully up-to-speed once they take this course?
Yes. Your staff will have the foundational skills to be a Decision-maker upon completion of this course.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Identify the steps of a Title IX grievance process that occur leading up to and prior to a responsibility determination
- Understand the role of due process in Title IX decision-making, including the role of neutral and impartial decision-makers
- Distinguish between relevant and directly related evidence
- Develop questions for parties and witnesses that seek relevant evidence
- Assess the credibility of parties, witnesses, and presented evidence
- Analyze relevant evidence regarding issues of consent in sexual misconduct cases
- Understand the role and responsibilities of an appeal decision-maker
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Appeal Decision-makers
- Hearing/Process Advisors
- Attorneys acting as Advisors
- Hearing Facilitators
- Hearing Chairs
- Human Resources Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Victim Advocates
- School Board Members
- Superintendents, Principals & Assistant Principals
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- August 10: 11:00am - 6:00pm ET Register
Effective July 1st, ATIXA training & event pricing will increase by approximately 5%. Please register early and often and note this will go into effect July 1st.
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact email@example.com for personalized assistance.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.