Excellent hands-on way to get a feel for how hearings will work under the new Title IX rules.
Participants all play a role in this online live event! This day-long event requires registrants to prepare for their role in advance, learn their part, and prepare to testify, question, rule, or deliberate. The roles include a hearing facilitator, a voting chair, two decision-maker panelists, two parties, two advisors, and three witnesses. Then, facilitators take the participants through the hearing script per the regulations, and then facilitate deliberations.
Is this a static exercise or will we have a role?
In this version of the Mock Hearing Case Simulation, we use groups of 12-15 participants, and everyone has a role.
If everyone has a role, how do we learn our part?
Every registrant is given the 25 pages of case materials in advance of the course, and can sign up for the role they want.
In this course, you will learn:
- Understand the live hearing process
- Comprehend due process as prescribed in the 2020 Title IX Regulations
- Understand the role of all hearing participants
- Experience a live hearing and observe others’ experience of the hearing
- Receive feedback from the facilitators on their role in the process and the overall proficiency of the hearing
- Learn how to best prepare for a hearing
- Understand appropriate techniques for questioning and assessing credibility
- Learn the pace of a hearing and flow of a hearing script
- Understand evidence rulings, the effect of not answering, and inferences
- Experience or observe the questioning and cross-examination process
- Experience deliberation and application of policy and the standard of proof
- Learn about the use, management, and application of virtual hearing technology
Who Should Attend?
- Hearing/Process Advisors
- Hearing Facilitators
- Hearing Chairs
- Hearing Panelists
- Appeals Officers
- Coordinators and Investigators
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $799 Member
- $899 Non-Member
View Details & Schedule
Registration Fee includes the Training Course, course slides, supplemental materials, ATIXA/TNG whitepapers, flowcharts, and 2020 Regulations publications and webinars.
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
- June 25
11:00am - 6:00pm ET
- August 12
11:00am - 6:00pm ET
Please note that this course is a training event only and does not itself provide certification. This is the hands-on application of knowledge opportunity, where participants take what they have learned in the two-day ATIXA Decision-Maker Certification, and operationalize it in a real life case study simulation. There is nothing like applying the skills to cement the learning outcomes hearing officers will attain.