Get answers to challenging questions arising from stalking allegations.
This half-day workshop provides participants with an in-depth look at the complex issue of stalking in the education and employment environment and an opportunity to work through a series of stalking case studies in small groups. Topics covered will include the difference between stalking and lurking, cyberstalking, cultural identity impacts on stalking behavior and interpretation, stalking motivations, and collaborating with behavioral intervention teams for risk assessment and response. Faculty will also review applicable definitions and response requirements under both the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and Title IX. Participants should be prepared to actively engage during the small group case studies exercise and large group discussion.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to…
- Identify alleged stalking that should be brought to the attention of a behavioral intervention team for risk assessment and potential interventions
- Understand the definition of stalking under both VAWA and Title IX
- Consider specific cultural identities when responding to alleged stalking
- Differentiate between the types of stalking, including cyberstalking
- Explain the importance of partnership between TIX teams and behavioral intervention teams
- Distinguish between lurking and stalking behaviors and appropriate responses to each
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX Deputy Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Hearing Chairpersons
- Appeals Decision-makers
- Legal Counsel
- Student Conduct Professionals
- Human Resources Professionals
- Training and Prevention Professionals
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Law Enforcement/Campus Safety/School Resource Officers
- Superintendents, Principals, & Assistant Principals
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $349 Member
- $399 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- March 9: 11:00am - 3:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact email@example.com with questions.