Empower Your School & District: Strategies to Prevent Gender/Sex Discrimination and Harassment
Title IX Basics in K-12 Education is an online training program for K-12 staff, teachers, principals, and district administrators. This self-paced course covers essential topics related to Title IX compliance, including how to prevent and address sex- and gender-based discrimination and harassment in schools.
The training takes about 90 to 120 minutes, making it easy to fit into your school or district’s professional development plan. Participants will have access to interactive training materials such as case studies, model scripts, and practice questions to help them develop practical skills and reinforce their learning.
- Historical & Legal Development of Title IX
- Scope of Title IX
- Recognizing Title IX
- Reporting Responsibilities
- Roles and Responsibilities of Title IX Team
- Title IX Formal Grievance Process
Develop practical skills for explaining the scope and application of Title IX to your school, district, students, and parents, as well as how to follow mandatory reporting laws and compliance requirements.
- Describe the scope of Title IX, when it applies, and their school or district’s responsibilities under Title IX
- Identify the role and purpose of the Title IX Coordinator
- Define behaviors that could constitute sexual harassment, sex- and gender-based misconduct, interpersonal violence, and retaliation
- Execute their mandatory reporting responsibilities under state and federal law, including to the Title IX Coordinator and local law enforcement
- Explain their reporting responsibilities when a student or colleague makes a reportable disclosure
- Discuss the Title IX grievance process with students, parents, or colleagues
Who should attend?
- School Board Members
- Principals & Assistant Principals
- District Staff
- Building Staff
- Health and Wellness
- Staff Coaches
- Bus Drivers
- Facilities Staff
- Custodial Staff
- Food Service and Nutrition Staff
- Extracurricular Advisors
On Demand & Asynchronous
Bulk discounts are available for greater than 15 seats. Please contact email@example.com to purchase. Each registration is meant for individual use; please don't share your training login information with anyone in your school or district. Your purchase is valid for one calendar year. For questions, please get in touch with us at events@atixa>.org."