We are pleased to announce ATIXA Mentor Match, ATIXA’s new mentoring program, which is open and free to all ATIXA Members. The purpose of Mentor Match is to foster leadership and gender equity in the Title IX industry by connecting experienced Title IX professionals with newer Title IX professionals.
How Does Mentor Match Work?
Mentor Match works by pairing Mentors, who are more experienced Title IX professionals, with Mentees, who are less experienced professionals. Mentors will be paired either one-on-one with Mentees or with a group of Mentees. Mentees will meet with their Mentors to work toward professional goals. Please note that ATIXA’s Mentor Match is not intended to be used for consulting services. Mentors are paired with Mentees to assist in developing professional skills, obtaining resources, and providing support within their Title IX role. Please click here to be directed to ATIXA’s parent organization, TNG, for consulting services or become a member of ATIXA to join the listserv.
Both Mentors and Mentees must:
- Be a member of ATIXA. Learn more about ATIXA membership.
- Commit to six months of programming by meeting at least once every other month.
- Attend a brief, complimentary training.
- Complete satisfaction surveys throughout the program.
How Do I Participate?
To participate in Mentor Match, you must be a member of ATIXA, the leading Title IX Administrator Association, and fill out an application. Applications are open and free to all levels of membership in ATIXA.
Once you have completed the application, you will be notified via email whether you have been selected to participate. Depending on number of applicants and fit, ATIXA will match Mentors with Mentees either one-on-one or in groups.
Mentors and Mentees are chosen based on the fit available, so there is a chance that not everyone who applies will be selected. If you are not selected, you are encouraged to apply again for the next round of applications.
If you have been selected as a Mentor or Mentee, please click below:
Mentors are more experienced in the profession and provide support to a less-experienced professional, the Mentee. Please apply now if you feel that you can give back to those just starting in the field or transitioning to a Title IX role. Applications are now closed and will re-open in the Summer of 2023.Closed at this time
Mentees are those seeking to gain more professional skills within the Title IX field from a more experienced individual. Applications are now closed and will re-open in the Summer of 2023.Closed at this time
What are the Benefits of Participating?
- Opportunity to nurture new talent and potential new hires
- Develop leadership, communication, and other soft skills
- Raise your self-esteem and gain fulfillment from giving back to the profession
- Networking opportunities with other Title IX professionals
- $99 promo code that can be used on ATIXA products, trainings, and events
- Earn a mentor badge to display via LinkedIn and email
- Add program participation to your resume
- Ensure the field of Title IX continues to deepen and grow through experienced professionals
- Support in navigating and advancing one’s career
- Gain wisdom and perspective from a more experienced professional
- Receive advice on setting and achieving professional goals
- Opportunity for skill development and new knowledge
- Network with other Title IX professionals
- Earn a Mentee badge to display via LinkedIn and email
What If I Have More Questions?
Please see FAQs listed below or see full list of FAQs here. You may also contact email@example.com.
When will I hear back if I am matched?
You can expect to hear back by November 1, 2022. You will receive a notification as well if you have not been selected for this cycle.
What if I am accepted but cannot continue for the 6-month period?
If you cannot commit to the time frame, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to let ATIXA know immediately. Your match will be paired with another person. You should consider re-applying when your schedule allows for more time.
Why do I need to be a member of ATIXA to be considered for this program?
ATIXA membership allows access to a broad network of Title IX professionals and resources. Mentor Match is another avenue within membership that allows members to connect more personally and assist each other professionally. Those who wish to access these networks to develop within the field might consider ATIXA membership.
How do I determine if I can be considered an appropriate Mentor?
Mentors should feel at a point in their profession that their guidance would assist a Mentee or group of Mentees.
Can I participate in the program more than once?
Mentors are encouraged to participate more than once, and we also encourage Mentees to become Mentors when they are ready to do so. Mentees can apply again, however, priority will be given to new applicants.