This one-day certification course provides a comprehensive review of the procedural and substantive elements of the final Title IX regulations, with a focus on practical implementation strategies for Title IX administrators. Course content focuses on the revised regulatory requirements and the policy, procedural, and practice changes needed to ensure compliance.
Title IX professionals will leave this course with an understanding of:
- The elements of the various phases of the Title IX Grievance Process
- Training and reporting requirements
- Awareness and response requirements for pregnant and parenting students and employees
- Protections for LGBTQIA+ individuals
- Title IX scope and applicability
Expert presenters will place this discussion against the backdrop of ATIXA’s best practices approach for school/district sex-based discrimination and harassment grievance procedures, as well as more specific protections for non-discrimination on the basis of pregnancy or related conditions. They will share their best thinking and detail the many policy decisions facing Title IX professionals, including how to structure and staff your processes, as well as how to incorporate specific requirements that might apply to your school/district either because of state law requirements or governing court precedent in your jurisdiction.
ATIXA understands how challenging it has been for schools and districts to keep pace with the constant swinging pendulum of the Title IX regulations. We’re here to help you wade through the bureaucratic language to find clarity and the solid practices that will ensure you have a reputable, fair compliance program of integrity. You will leave this training with a solid understanding of the regulations and a plan for the specific implementation needs at your particular school/district.
After completing this training, participants will be able to…
- Explain the major components of the Final Rule (regulations), including implementation timeline
- Identify key stakeholders to engage in the process of evolving the school/district Title IX program
- Identify specific policy and process changes necessary for compliance with the new regulations
- Evaluate current staffing and team structure to determine recommended changes
- Develop a training plan for all stakeholder groups
- Assess current services and support for pregnancy and related conditions and recommend necessary changes
- Distinguish between sex discrimination and sex-based harassment
Who should attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Superintendents, Principals, & Assistant Principals
- Appeal Decision-makers
- Intake/Case Coordinators
- Human Resources Professionals
- Legal Counsel
- Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA/Section 504, AA, EEO, Clery)
- Law Enforcement/School Resource Officers
Live, In-Person Training
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- June 2: 8:30am - 4:30pm MDT Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Please contact email@example.com for questions.
Individualized discounts are as follows:
1st grouped individual - full price of registration
2-4 grouped individuals - 15% discount on registrations
5+ grouped individuals - 25% discount on registrations
If you are interested in registering a large group, exploring Super Membership, or consulting options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for personalized assistance.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.