A crucial five hours of training for Title IX Advisors.
Title IX Advisors is a partial-day course focused on the skills needed to serve as an effective hearing advisor. This course will address the scope and function of Advisors, understanding resolution procedures, post-investigation expectations, pre-hearing expectations, bias and conflict of interest concerns, questioning rules, strategy of cross-examination, effective and respectful cross-examination techniques, and interacting with the hearing chair. This course will be helpful to Advisors chosen by the parties, as well as Advisors appointed by the institution.
How will this course help external (non-college, non-school employee) Advisors?
This course provides a comprehensive review of the Advisor role, as outlined in the regulations, and will help all Advisors understand their role and responsibilities within the formal grievance process.
As an internal Advisor, how can this course benefit me?
This training will provide you will a valuable overview of your role, as well as help you develop relevant skills for effective advising. You’ll be able to ask questions, too, as you start to apply the course content to your particular institution’s policy and procedures.
Do I need to take any other courses as a prerequisite?
No, you do not need to take any other courses as a prerequisite. However, there is relevant content for Advisors who are interested in learning more about Title IX in many of our course offerings, including Hearing Decision-maker, the Interactive Mock Hearing, and Informal Resolution.
After completing this course, participants will be able to…
- Explain the overall arc of a Title IX resolution process from beginning to end
- Describe the role of the Advisor at each phase of the Title IX resolution process
- Identify potential impacts of serving as an Advisor based on other institutional roles/responsibilities or involvement in a specific complaint
- Recognize whether their advisee’s rights are being upheld in the Title IX resolution process
- Conduct questioning in a hearing, including cross-examination of the other party and any witnesses, within the bounds of the Title IX regulations and institutional policy
- Understand how to navigate the appeal phase in a Title IX resolution process, including raising concerns about procedural issues
Who Should Attend?
- Title IX Coordinators
- Deputy Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX or Civil Rights Investigators
- Hearing/Process Advisors
- Hearing Facilitators
- Hearing Chairpersons
- Appeal Decision-makers
- Informal Resolution Facilitators
- Intake/Case Coordinators
- Attorneys serving as Advisors
- Victim Advocates
- Hearing Chairs
- Title IX Coordinators
- Legal Counsel
Live, Interactive Online Training
- $399 Member
- $499 Non-Member
Hide Details & Schedule
- February 8: 11:00am - 4:00pm ET Register
*You must attend all dates in your session to receive credit for attendance.
Group discounts are provided on a sliding scale based on group size and applicable on registrations for the same training or event. Discounts will be applied at checkout starting for groups of 2-4 attendees and increasing for groups of 5 or more attendees. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Attendance for each day of training or access to eTraining course for three months
- An extensive course-specific selection of articles, customizable forms and templates, case studies, videos, and more
- Instructional slides or transcript for eTraining
- Access to ATIXA content experts
- Ability to interact with faculty and attendees via course discussion and activities
- Certification upon corresponding course completion
ATIXA offers this as a stand-alone course, the content of which is not available in other courses. This course is directed to a fairly narrow audience of those who will serve as advisors and those who want to better understand the advisor role.
Title IX Hearing Advisors Certification At Your Own Pace is also available is an on-demand, modular option.
To obtain certification from ATIXA, you will need to sign-in to your Event Lobby each day of training and attend the whole event. It is our expectation that you are present for the entire duration of your training course. Certification will only be provided once ATIXA has verified attendance through the Event Lobby.
Please allow 7-10 days following the completion of the course and then log in on our website and visit the My ATIXA page to access the Continuing Certification Credit (CCC) program system. Please follow the instructions on the webpage to obtain your certification. Our CCC program allows those certified by ATIXA to track, maintain, and extend their professional development through our programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Certification refers to attendance at a qualifying event; TNG cannot speak to individual attendees’ knowledge, expertise, or command of the material.