King of Prussia, PA
July 21, 2022
ATIXA is hosting its first virtual listening session with the White House Gender Policy Council (GPC) on July 25, 2022, at 1:00pm ET to recognize the 50th Anniversary of Title IX and discuss current issues experienced by Title IX coordinators in schools, the progress they have made, and how the Administration can help support and aid coordinators across the nation.
“Our goal is to bring to light the issues that our 8,900 members face in the field in both K-12 and higher education. ATIXA is pleased to provide this opportunity to our membership and to connect with the members of the Gender Policy Council,” said W. Scott Lewis, J.D., ATIXA’s co-founder and advisory board member, about the listening session.
- Stephanie B. McKinney, M.A.T., Director, Title IX Office, District Title IX Administrator, Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
- Araiña Muñiz, M.B.A., Title IX Coordinator and Director of Title IX, Colorado State University, and Advisory Board, ATIXA
- Leah Gutknecht, M.B.A., Assistant to the President for Compliance and Equity Management and Title IX Officer, University of Northern Iowa, and Advisory Board, ATIXA
- W. Scott Lewis, J.D., Co-Founder and Advisory Board Member, ATIXA, and Co-Founder and Advisory Board Member, National Association for Behavioral Intervention and Threat Assessment (NABITA)
The topics covered will include, but are not limited to:
- Title IX issues within K-12 schools
- Sexual violence on campus
- Title IX experience in higher education
- Emergency removal standards
The Association of Title IX Administrators (ATIXA) provides a professional association for school and college Title IX coordinators, investigators, and administrators who are interested in serving their districts and campuses more effectively. ATIXA brings these campus and district professionals together to collaborate and explore best practices, establish industry standards, share resources, empower the profession, and advance the worthy goal of gender equity in education. With more than 8,900 active members from colleges, universities, schools, and organizations, ATIXA is a clearinghouse for Title IX model policies, training, and other resources. For more information, visit www.atixa.org or follow our press and media relations account on Twitter at @presstng.